Sunday, June 14, 2009

And so it begins...

..And so it begins, the time that is the MOST stressful part of traveling. Packing. Nerves are high and tight, but once we all get on the plane it will all be resolved. And that is one of the reasons I sit here now, writing this. I do not want to pack. All I can do is sit here and think of what I could have done in the past few days, and the only thing I can think of is this. Procrastination. But then I think about where I am about to go and what I get to see and that thought alone puts me back in the mindset of getting ready/packing mode. And it makes me wonder about me being over there, facing a whole, kinda different-kinda not, world. Lets just hope that I can be a little more graceful over there, and not blow up that beautiful manor I will be spending the next few weeks in. This trip should be interesting....

1 comment:

  1. Blessed procrastination: it brings things into focus like no other kind of crisis. I remember my procrastination epiphany came on a rope swing. It was a swing that went wayyyyyy out over the water on a lake in North Carolina. The hang time at the far swing of the rope seemed to take forever and the water seemed 100 feet below. If I hung on to the rope for the swing back, I would be smashed against the tree, so I had to let go, but that nanosecond of procrastination over the water was intense in the not wanting vs. needing to do something. See at the ticket counter of Delta! (The Greek letter delta is the mathematical symbol for change over time. Ya gotta love it.)

    ReplyDelete